Rental Boat Terms and Conditions
- All safe boating regulations must be followed including no wake zones, life preservers for everyone at all times. You are personally responsible for any damage to our boats, other boats or other property caused by your violation of safe boating regulations or of Potomac Boat Rentals conditions of use.
- Boat operators may not consume alcohol or drugs of any kind regardless of the degree of impairment. Operators shall not consume alcohol during the term of the rental agreement nor shall they have consumed alcohol within the 12 hours prior to commencement of the rental agreement. Renters and Operators who are in violation of the alcohol consumption portion of this agreement will be refused a boat and charged for the cancellation.
- Equipment must be returned on time, there is no grace period for late returns.
- Any and all damage to the equipment that is caused as a result of the lessee’s operation or oversight is the sole responsibility of the lessee. Do not leave boats unattended.
- Renter is responsible for being aware of tides, currents and winds. Do not beach boats or allow boats to become beached by falling tides or changing winds.
- Boats are to be returned clean and in the same condition as they were when you took them out.
- You are not allowed to let anyone other than the Renter/Operator use or operate the boat. Anyone who may be serving as an operator needs to be identified and to sign this agreement and comply with all boating safety requirements. You MAY NOT allow anyone else to use the boat. You are entirely personally responsible for any damage caused to our boat or to other persons or properties.
- All operators must have a cell phone on board and we must have this number:
PBR # : 703-677-1357 or 703-221-4915
- In any areas with marked channels always stay between green and red markers. Remember keep red markers on your right side when you are returning to port and green on your left. This also means that green markers should be on your right as you head out from the marina. Refer to the provided map to determine channel location and approximate water depth.
- Any time you are in less than 3’ of water go dead slow, this means as slow as the boat will go and still be in gear. Do not run the boat aground.
- No pets are allowed on any boats without express permission.
- Prohibited uses: Customers may not use boats for any use not intended by manufacturer or in any manner that is illegal.
- Without limitation, customers shall not use the boat in any of the following manners:
- In any type of race or competitive event
- For any illegal purpose or in an illegal manner
- To carry any type of hazardous or explosive substance
- To push or tow any other watercraft or tubes, skis or other water toys
- After dusk or during the night
- To carry loads beyond stated capacity
- In a reckless, abusive or negligent manner
- No operator shall consume or be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- If further use may cause damage to boat or motor (warning light or buzzer on)
- In violation of the terms and conditions of this agreement in any way
- Outside of approved use area
- No grills or grilling on boat
- In no event shall customer sub-lease boat to another person or entity. Customer’s rights under this agreement are non-transferable.
- It is your sole responsibility, as boat operator and renter, to know and obey the “Rules of the Road”. That means federal as well as the state in which you are operating, which is Virginia and Maryland.
- Every Customer must participate in a boat orientation and walkthrough.
- If you haven’t completed a boating safety course you will be provided with what Virginia State requires for rental boat operation.
- Operator has Boating Safety Education Card/Certificate
- Operator has been given Virginia Dockside Safety Checklist
- No PBRLLC staff has the right to change any of the terms or conditions of this agreement (except an owner when done in writing)
- If any provision of this agreement is found to be void, invalid or unenforceable, such finding shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other part of this agreement.
- This agreement constitutes the entire understanding of the parties with respect to the subject matter contained herein and shall supersede all other agreements, either oral or written, with respect to the same. This agreement is binding upon the heirs, successors and assigns of the parties.
Cancellation / Re-Book / Refund Policy
Any refund will be assessed a $40 fee for processing
Cancelation by Potomac Boat Rentals LLC due to a vessel being out of service or weather deemed too hazardous or severe for operations by management of Potomac Boat Rentals LLC. such as; “small craft conditions” or more severe weather all day. A local forecast of possible or scattered thunderstorms does not in itself constitute too hazardous for operations. We will re-book on a different date not refund.
Cancelation by Renter We require notice 72 hours prior to scheduled rental and you can re-book for a different date if available. Less than 72 hours no refund unless we are able to book another rental for that full period and then there will be a $40 refund fee. If we are unable to rent for that rental period there will be no refund.
Note: Weather conditions are determined using NOAA and USCG weather information as well as other reliable sources to determine the conditions for the rental period. Scattered showers or scattered or possible passing storms are not necessarily considered conditions that constitute a need for re-booking or cancelation.
Should a passing shower or storm come up during your rental period we suggest you remain anchored (check your anchor and let out more line if anchor is adequately dug in) or stay moored if already moored. Seek shelter at a nearby dock or marina until the storm passes. If lightning, have all persons get out of the water.